Friday, December 14, 2007

Another Chapter Begins

Last December, I closed one chapter in my life by graduating college with my Bachelor's in Elementary Education and started searching for a teaching job. Little did I know how long the search would last. After countless interviews and disappointments, I started asking myself if it was really going to happen. And then it did! Yesterday, I had two back-to-back interviews: one for kindergarten and one for fifth grade. The first interview went very well and I walked away with confidence. However, they have around 40 people applying for the single position and they will not make their final decision until next Monday or Tuesday. Meanwhile, I interviewed at the school I had already been working with before my maternity leave. This interview went very well also, but I left feeling a little unsure about the outcome. In less than five minutes of leaving the interview, the principal calls me and offers me the fifth grade teaching position!! So as of January 2nd, I will be a 5th grade Reading teacher at Warren Elementary. I was so happy that I shed tears of joy because my prayers had finally been answered. Now, over the course of the next few weeks, I have to get a classroom and curriculum organized in order to start the year off right.

1 comment:

craftykorisa said...

Congrats!! Congrats!! Congrats!!
You will LOVE 5th grade. It is a challenge but that age is so much fun! I should know, I taught it for 6 years! I'm so happy for you!!!