Sunday, April 19, 2009

Our New Hobby


On my birthday, Greg decided to treat me with a dozen roses and took me out to dinner without Kaylee. Needless to say, that was a present in itself. That day, Greg realized just how much I love roses so last week, we decided that we were going to do some landscaping around our house. We cleared out the area in between our two shrubs and have bought six rose bushes total. The types of bushes are: Tropicana, Peace, Tiffany, Chrysler Emperial, Voodoo, and Blue Girl. I had no idea that there were so many different varieties of roses until we went shopping for them. We planted the roses and mulched the area around them which I am proud to say that I did the mulching myself. The Peace rose bush is the strongest so far and has already been producing beautiful blooms. Here are a few pictures:

A few of the other bushes have been struggling, but after pulling them up, soaking them in water, and replanting them with a different type of soil, they are beginning to strive and open up the beautiful blooms. We just need more sunshine and warmer temperatures to see exactly what those bushes can do.

No comments: