Saturday, September 26, 2009

A New Chapter

The past few weeks have been incredibly crazy around our house. Ever since the summer visit to North Carolina, we have been walking on eggshells wondering what was going to happen with Greg's job. I went ahead and started the school year like normal because we hadn't heard anything at that point. Towards the end of August, the human resource director from Asheboro contacted Greg and said that they were going to begin hiring for forklift positions and needed a copy of his resume. So, we get a resume together, send it, and then play the waiting game again. Several weeks pass and we don't hear a thing. I took it as good news because I was completely against relocating to another area. Two weeks ago, my world is turned upside down because they offer Greg a job and tell him that they need him to begin work on Oct. 5th. So we not only have to relocate, but we only have had two weeks to do it in. This past week, we went back out to Asheboro to find a place to live and I had a job interview. We were able to find a very nice rental home for a reasonable price.

Ever since our trip, I have been on a roller coaster of emotions. While we were out there, I was completely comfortable and it just felt like we were right around the corner from BG. It didn't really hit me how far away we were until our drive home which seemed to take FOREVER! Now, I've been having all of these doubts and going back and forth about going. I don't want to split up my family, but the thought of being so far away from everything and everybody that I know scares the living daylights out of me. It's a beautiful area and a wonderful opportunity, but I am nervous about my panic attacks coming back. What will I do if one hits and I'm home alone with Kaylee while Greg is working? It's not like any of my family members can hop in a car and come right over. What makes it worse is the fact that my grandparents told me that they will NOT come to visit. My grandparents are like my second parents because of the amount of time I spent with them when I was younger. How could they do that to me?

I know that with Greg's job, we can't pass up this opportunity, but why did it have to be 9 hours away? What will make it easier is the fact that our immediate families have already said they will make frequent visits to see us which won't be that different from now because we don't hardly see anyone as it is. I know everything will work itself out when we're there, but at first it's going to be very hard. I am just so scared to leave everyone behind, but I know other people do this type of thing all of the time. Most of my family on my dad's side lives somewhere other than here. Several people that I went to school with are living somewhere else now due to jobs. I just never thought it would happen to me.

1 comment:

craftykorisa said...

I hope your new location is suiting you well. I now call Atlanta home......you will adjust!