Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

So our Thanksgiving yesterday did not go quite as planned, but the food was delicious. Kaylee has been sick all week and seems to be getting worse instead of better. Luckily, the doctor's office is open today. On the flip side, Greg and I are cooking our first full Thanksgiving dinner for his mom, her boyfriend, and possibly his brother and his girlfriend. Greg has been so excited about cooking the turkey. He has been doing his homework and found a delicious recipe from Food Network. From the smell of the brine last night, it is going to be one superb turkey. I am excited about cooking also. Even though I don't get much practice (Greg is the cook in our house), I really enjoy cooking.

On a personal note, I came to the realization that my medicine has transformed me into an emotionless zombie that doesn't have a care in the world. For some people, that is the ultimate goal, but not for a compassionate caring person like myself. Against doctor recommendations, I have decided to go off my medicine and start getting back to the Tiffany that everyone knows and loves. I had my complete meltdown and now it's time to get back on my feet. Yes, my job and daughter can be very stressful, but I would rather tackle my daily problems head on instead of simply going through the motions without the realization of doing them. Yes, my anxiety is still going to be present, but I'm ready to find other alternatives. I'm too strong of a person to give up that easily. Anyhow, I've had more anxiety while on the medicine than without and I'm tired of living a life of fear. Lookout world because Tiffany is coming!

No comments: